Lateral File Cabinets
Save on space while protecting your important assets
Your business's important papers and documents need to be properly protected, yet they can take valuable space and clutter your office. Lateral fireproof file cabinets help with both protection and organization. FireKing has a number of fireproof lateral file options that will make your organization easier, while also providing the ultimate in fireproof designs.
Choose Horizontal Filing Cabinets to Save Open Space
One of the benefits of lateral filing cabinets is their horizontal design. Because these filing cabinets store files horizontally, instead of front to back, they use wall space instead of pushing into the room, which provides more floor space for your other needs. Whether you need to add more furniture, would like more open floor space for people to walk, or simply want your files to be out of the way, lateral file cabinets from FireKing will meet your need well. With fireproof designs, your documents will be safe and protected, while also being out of the way.
Features and Benefits of Fireproof Lateral Filing Cabinet Designs
- UL 1-Hour Class 350 Fire Rating. Products undergo exhaustive testing procedures passing both fire and explosion hazard tests conducted by Underwriters Laboratories, which expose the file to temperatures of 1700 degrees for one hour resulting in the internal temperature not exceeding 350 degrees.
- UL Impact Rating. Products survive a loaded fall of 30 feet and maintain fire protection. And FireKing’s steel lattice reinforcement offers this impact protection on all six sides.
- ETL Electronic Media Protection. ETL Intertek Electronic Media 30 minute verification label.
- Oven-dried Gypsum Insulation. FireKing offers an asbestos-free, dry insulation. Unlike wet insulation, dry insulation will maintain protection properties for a lifetime, and completely eliminate corrosion.
- Environmentally Friendly Finish. Electrostatic powder coated finish is applied to all sides including the bottom. The finish is scratch-resistant, providing a lifetime quality appearance.
- Field-Replaceable Steel Panels. In the event that any panel is damaged, it can be easily replaced.
- Insulation between all Drawers. This design makes each drawer a separate insulated container.
- High Side Drawer Bodies. Drawers are built with high sides for use with hanging folders – no additional frames are required. (See product spec sheet for side to side filing.)
- Exterior Mounted Handles.
- Lock By Pass. Features a two-position drawer catch, which allows access to certain drawers, while drawers containing sensitive information remain locked.
- High-Security Lock. Product is equipped with UL listed high-security Medeco ® locks. This lock resists picking and drilling, and keys cannot be duplicated except through FireKing. This means access to your vital records is limited to authorized keyholders only.
- Free Fire Replacement. FireKing insulated files are backed by over 60 years of experience in design and building superior, quality fire resistant products. And after a FireKing file performs its job in a fire, we’ll replace the file free. (Reference Warranty Details)
- Lifetime Limited Warranty. (Reference Warranty Details)
- Made in the USA.
If these features and lateral filing cabinet design appeal to you, FireKing is here to help. Contact us to discuss your needs, or browse our fireproof lateral file options today
Most departments are available 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday except holidays.