Our Safe-In-A-File product ensures that your vital items are secured, safe from fire, and cleverly hidden in a safe cabinet. Included, just as it sounds, is a cabinet safe inside the topmost file with a 2.4 cubic foot capacity and added fireproof protection. The safe’s lock is a UL®-listed Group II combination lock (Turtle Safe-in-a-File comes standard with key lock, electronic lock upgrade is available).
Your vital items, safely hidden and tucked away
Features & Benefits on File Drawers
- UL 1-Hour Class 350 Fire Rating on File Drawers. Products undergo exhaustive testing procedures passing both fire and explosion hazard tests conducted by Underwriters Laboratories, which expose the file to temperatures of 1700 degrees for one hour resulting in the internal temperature not exceeding 350 degrees.
- UL Impact Rating. Products survive a loaded fall of 30 feet and maintain fire protection. And FireKing’s steel lattice reinforcement offers this impact protection on all six sides.
- ETL Electronic Media Protection. ETL Intertek Electronic Media 30 minute verification label.
- ETL Water Resistant. ETL Intertek water resistant verified. Turtel Safe-in-a-File is water Resistant.
- Oven-dried Gypsum Insulation. FireKing offers an asbestos-free, dry insulation. Unlike wet insulation, dry insulation will maintain protection properties for a lifetime, and completely eliminate corrosion.
- Environmentally Friendly Finish. Electrostatic powder coated finish is applied to all sides including the bottom. The finish is scratch-resistant, providing a lifetime quality appearance.
- Field-Replaceable Steel Panels. In the event that any panel is damaged, it can be easily replaced.
- Insulation between all Drawers. This design makes each drawer a separate insulated container.
- High Side Drawer Bodies. Drawers are built with high sides for use with hanging folders – no additional frames are required.
- Lock By Pass. Features a two-position drawer catch, which allows access to certain drawers, while drawers containing sensitive information remain locked.
- High-Security Lock. Product is equipped with UL listed high-security Medeco ® locks. This lock resists picking and drilling, and keys cannot be duplicated except through FireKing. This means access to your vital records is limited to authorized keyholders only. Standard keylock on Turtel Safe-in-a-File.
- Free Fire Replacement. FireKing insulated files are backed by over 60 years of experience in design and building superior, quality fire resistant products. And after a FireKing file performs its job in a fire, we’ll replace the file free. (Reference Warranty Details)
- Lifetime Limited Warranty. (Reference Warranty Details)
- Made in the USA.
Most departments are available 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday except holidays.